Sunday, February 9, 2014

It's official! We are Filipinos.

This is Elder Anderson on the trail to the river where the people in Ondoy 
wash their clothes and bathe.
This picture below right is a stove made out of cinder block with rebar bent to hold the pots. They build fire in the hollow of the block.

Women washing in the stream.  I lost several pictures of Ondoy and of the women washing, their houses etc.  I'm so sorry!  It was so interesting.


 Bananas growing in the tree!  Mango trees are very large and it's hard for them to climb to the top to get the fruit.

 This is a picture of a woman in our Teresa Branch who is standing by me. She teaches at a high school and these are some of her students that she invites to church.  This is Sunday and all of these came with her.  I asked them if they wore uniforms to school and they said they did.  The girl in the black and white top said her mother designed and makes all the uniforms for the school.  I'm going to talk to her about possibly making me some for my preschoolers at home.  We could let the kids wear them for a class picture each year.
Sorry, I lost my pictures this week.....I'll do better next week.
They say March, April and May are the HOTTEST months, with APRIL being the hottest!  HELP....it's coming.  Then June through October is the Typhoon season and we are supposed to have 72 hr. kits and watch the weather reports and warnings every day.  YIKES!  It hasn't rained at all since we've been here and isn't really supposed to rain much until June....then watch out because it rains almost non-stop in the Typhoon season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment